Thank you for your interest in DOC Auto! We think you’ll be happy with a decision to choose us for all your automotive repair, maintenance, and inspection needs.
When your car is in our care, our technicians will perform a courtesy check to see if anything needs further attention. This service is not a way for us to add things to your bill. Rather, we see it as part of our duty to our clients. We are automotive professionals, and if we see something amiss and don’t let you know, we have let you down. It is your money and your car, and we will not pressure you to purchase auto repairs or maintenance.
Your relationship with your automotive service center involves a tremendous amount of trust. We approach our business ethics the same way we approach working on your brakes or our own – no games, and no gimmicks. Good automotive service isn’t cheap, and cheap automotive service isn’t good. We offer top-quality car care at very competitive prices, along with a unique service philosophy. We hope you’ll enjoy the experience!
- We are a Virginia State Certified Emissions Inspection Station.
- We are a Virginia State Certified Emissions Repair Station.
- We’ve been around a long time – since 1982 – and we intend to be around for a long time yet to come.
- We offer a transferrable Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- We offer free loaner cars and shuttle rides.
- We are friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
- Our technicians are ASE Certified, with a rigorous training schedule to keep them current with the latest equipment and techniques.
- We use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, and we have smart guys who know how to use it.
DOC Auto founder and CEO Dave O’Connell began working on cars in 1978. While attending Virginia Tech in 1982 he and his roommate started the auto repair business that would become DOC Auto. They worked on fellow students’ cars mostly, usually in the dorm parking lots or apartment complexes’ parking lots.
As recently as 2003 Dave ran the whole show – answering phones, ordering parts, working on clients’ cars. Our lead tech, Daniel Bowling, was the first addition to the team, and we bought our building in Chatham Heights around Christmas 2006. There have been many changes to the auto repair industry and to my business since then, but one thing has never changed, and never will – that is our commitment to the responsibility we have to you, our client. With the wise and generous guidance of a handful of mentors, Dave continues to develop and build DOC Auto.